"I laid my heavy barrel on our garden without difficulty and without charging - a strong, ripe zucchini." Zucchini is a versatile vegetable, very popular among the people for its unpretentiousness, productivity, ability to replace cucumbers in conservation in lean "cucumber" years. With the onset of fruiting and throughout the summer season, they find their use in the family menu. And if you choose the right variety, then you can pamper yourself with zucchini dishes at least until the New Year. One of these cultivars is the Black Beauty zucchini..
Description and characteristics of zucchini-zucchini Black handsome
The black handsome, like all zucchini, belongs to the pumpkin family. Zucchini Zucchini Black handsome has a compact bush, carved leaves on long stalks are decorated with white spotted stains.
Many gardeners mistake this white spot for a fungal disease - powdery mildew, and this is just a varietal feature of zucchini.
Zucchini variety early ripening... It begins to bear fruit on the 45-55 day from the moment of germination.
Fruits are smooth, up to 25 cm in size and weighing up to 1 kg of dark green, almost black color, hence the name of the variety. Up to 5 fruits can form on the bush at the same time.
The peel of the fruit is thin and not tough, the flesh is white with green, tenderbut dense and juicy. Young greens with a very delicate and delicate taste without cooking can be used in salads instead of cucumbers.
Zucchini Black handsome - a variety of foreign selection, adapted to growing conditions throughout Russia and neighboring countries.
Advantages and disadvantages
The Black Handsome has no flaws, and the advantages are:
- early ripening;
- excellent taste (thin peel and tender, juicy, dense pulp), excellent appearance;
- the compactness of the bush and high yield allow you to get up to 20 kg of fruits from 1 m2 of area, and up to 10 kg from one bush;
- long fruiting period;
- good transportability and keeping quality;
- versatility of use.
Preparing seeds for planting
Seed preparation for planting consists in:
- Checking the quality of seeds for germination consists in the visual and touch selection of full-weight seeds.
- Disinfection of seeds in a pink solution of potassium permanganate for 20 minutes, after which the seeds are washed in clean water.
- Pre-soaking of seeds in a growth stimulator or potassium humate for fast and friendly germination of seeds.
- The last step in preparing the seeds is to place them in a damp cloth until the seeds hatch. This will take 2-5 days.
The seeds that have hatched are sown only in well-warmed soil; in cold soil they will not sprout because just rot. Only dry seeds can be planted in unheated soil.
Zucchini is grown in well-lit areas with loose fertile soil.
The place chosen for landing well seasoned with organic matter from autumn (with manure, chicken droppings or humus) and dug up.
It is advisable to grow zucchini in bio-beds or on the so-called "warm" beds. They are formed by putting any organic residues on the ground: fallen leaves, straw, sawdust, tops from tomatoes, cucumbers, beets, food waste. Slightly trampled down, a layer of earth is poured on top.
You can make such beds in the spring., but then it is necessary to dig small trenches, approximately on the bayonet of a shovel and put all the organic matter in them.
In the soil poured over organic matter, holes are made into which humus, wood ash are added, spilled well with hot water and seeds or seedlings are planted.
In such beds, heat-loving zucchini is warm and cozy. from the heat and carbon dioxide constantly coming from the depths of the garden from the decaying organic matter. Zucchini grow and bear fruit by leaps and bounds.
Also feel comfortable and plants planted on compost heaps.
How to plant
You can grow zucchini directly sowing them in the ground or through seedlings... It all depends on the region of cultivation and the timing of the desired receipt of the first product.
If you need early production, then it is preferable to grow zucchini through seedlings. When sowing seeds directly into the ground, the harvest will be later, but less hassle.
And you can grow seedlings, plant it in April under the covering material and get the first crop of zelents in May.
When the ground warms up and there is no threat of recurrent frosts, you can also plant seeds directly into the ground. Thus, the conveyor of zucchini products is provided to you for the entire season until the very frost.
Experienced vegetable growers believe that when sowing seeds directly into the ground, the harvested zucchini are of higher quality and maturing.
With the seedling method of growing zucchini seeds for seedlings are sown for planting in open ground in March, for growing in greenhouses and greenhouses in February.
2 seeds are planted in planting containers with a diameter of at least 10-15 cm, the strongest of the grown plants is subsequently left.
It is better to fill the container with soil by ½ this so that if the plants are very stretched, you can gently twist the stalk in the pot and cover the cotyledon leaves with earth.
With the appearance of the second true leaf, the seedlings are ready for planting in greenhouses, hotbeds, or, if the weather permits, in open ground.
In the absence of greenhouses and greenhouses, the seedlings for the first time, for better survival, can be covered with agrofibre or simply cut off large plastic bottles.
When sowing seeds in open ground it should be borne in mind that the plant is thermophilic and planting is carried out at a soil temperature of + 10 ÷ + 15 ° С. The wells are filled with water, the seeds are placed "on the barrel". The seeding depth is 3-4 cm.
Zucchini can be grown in a strip or nesting method. When landing with ribbons the holes are made every 0.5 m, one plant is placed in each hole.
Plants grow, so if several rows are planted, then the distance between the rows is at least 1 m.
With the nesting method several plants are located in the nest, so the holes are made every 1 m.
Further care of the plants consists in watering, feeding and loosening.
They should be regular as the soil under the plants dries up. Poured under the bush at least 5 liters of water for one irrigation.
With the onset of fruiting, the frequency of watering is increased, and the volume of water for each plant should be at least 10 liters.
The water for irrigation is warmto avoid rotting ovaries and fruits. Excess moisture is also harmful to zucchini, it can lead to root rot and the development of fruit rot.
There must be at least 3 of them. The first is carried out before flowering. nitroammophoska solution 20-30 gr. 10 liters of water or infusion of mullein or bird droppings.
During flowering make potassium-phosphorus fertilizers (potassium nitrate, superphosphate, 50 grams per 10 liters of water). Can be fed with potassium humate.
The third is performed during the formation of the ovary organic fertilizers with wood ash infusion.
In the future, zucchini constantly bloom and bear fruit, plants spend a lot of energy on these processes. To maintain the viability of the plant, it is advisable to apply organic fertilizers every two to three weeks throughout the growing season.
Shaping and loosening
Zucchini do not need shaping, since the plant is bushy and does not particularly branch, but it is necessary to remove the lower yellowing leaves, you also need to remove barren flowers - flowers without ovaries.
Zucchini are plants with a shallow root system, therefore loosening must be done very carefully to avoid damage to the roots.
Diseases and their prevention
Black handsome zucchini variety resistant to the main diseases of the pumpkin family (powdery mildew, anthracnose, peronosporiosis).
But for prevention purposes, you need to adhere to a number of rules for growing plants:
- Observe the crop rotation and do not plant plants in the same place every year. Zucchini should be returned to its original place no earlier than after 3 years.
- Watering should be moderate, since excessive soil moisture and high humidity under the plants are a fertile environment for the development of microbes and infections.
- In order to prevent fungal and bacterial diseases, it is necessary to carry out pre-planting disinfection of seeds.
- Follow the recommended planting patterns, avoiding thickening.
- At the first signs of disease, remove the affected parts of the plants or completely the bushes, take them outside the site and burn them.
- To treat plants with chemical preparations intended for the treatment of this disease, at the first symptoms of the disease.
White leaf spot is a varietal feature of the Black Handsome, and by no means a disease.
Harvesting and storage rules
You need to collect zucchini regularly when the fruits reach 15-20 cm, every 2-3 days, excluding their overripening. This will stimulate the development of new ovaries and fruits.
For long-term storage select the fruits harvested before the onset of frost weighing at least 1 kg.
Basic storage rules zucchini allowing you to keep the harvest until spring:
- when collecting fruits, leave the length of the stalk at least 5-10 cm;
- remove the earth from the fruit with a dry cloth; you cannot wash the zucchini;
- zucchini should be stored open, storage in plastic bags is categorically contraindicated (condensation formed during storage leads to rotting of the fruit);
- you need to store vegetables in a dry, cool, dark place (basement, cellar, pantry), storage temperature + 4 ÷ + 10 ° C;
- at room temperature, the shelf life of zucchini is 1-1.5 months.
Not a single gardener will deny himself the pleasure of growing zucchini on his site.
When choosing a variety, stop your gaze on the zucchini Black Beauty, and it will not only delight you, but also surprise you with its yield, taste and external beauty.
Characteristics and description of Griot Moskovsky cherry varieties, planting and care
An unpretentious garden cherry, often found in the orchards of Central Russia and giving excellent harvests of berries every year, is Griot Moskovsky. This unique variety retains its yield even in unfavorable weather and allows you to enjoy a fragrant berry. Due to its frost resistance and adaptability to a number of diseases, it is suitable for growing by novice gardeners.
- 1 History of breeding Griot cherries
- 2 Culture characteristics
- 2.1 Tree dimensions
- 2.2 Varieties of pollinators and flowering
- 2.3 Berry ripening and tree yield
- 2.4 Application of fruits
- 2.5 Immunity to diseases and insects
- 2.6 Resistance to low temperatures and drought
- 3 Features of planting and care
- 3.1 Site and seedling preparation
- 3.2 Favorable and unfavorable neighbors
- 3.3 Timing and technology of disembarkation
- 3.4 Weeding, loosening and mulching
- 3.5 Cropping
- 3.6 Protection against diseases and pests
- 3.7 Watering and feeding
- 3.8 Preparing for the winter period
- 4 Varieties and variety description
- 4.1 Belarusian
- 4.2 Melitopol
- 4.3 Moscow
- 4.4 Ostheim
- 4.5 Rossoshansky
- 4.6 Michurinsky
Zucchini varieties for the Urals
I grow zucchini of different varieties (there are also hybrids). Like most of all White F1, Golden, zucchini Zolotinka, zucchini Karapuz, Roller, Spaghetti and Macaroni.
There are no bees in our city, and wasps are not frequent guests. It happens that there is no one to pollinate the flowers, which leads to rotting of the ovaries. This can happen in damp weather, or during sudden changes in temperature (zucchini is also not very fond of heat). Then drugs come to the rescue to stimulate the ovaries.
But you also have to work with your hands. Early in the morning, while there is no baking, I pluck the barren flower, pluck the flower petals and apply pollen to a female flower with an ovary. I do everything very carefully so as not to shake off the pollen by. If there are still male flowers, I repeat the operation for control.
It also happens that a certain variety has very few male flowers, or even only one. Then I pick up a brush for painting with watercolors and try with it to pollinate as many flowers with an ovary as possible.
During the fruiting of zucchini, they can grow a lot of leaves. To make the plants better illuminated by the sun, I cut off the excess foliage, and sprinkle the cuts with ash or charcoal powder. I usually do this in the morning in dry weather, so that the wounds dry out faster and the infection does not settle in them.
I water it regularly, at the root. Occasionally I water it with a weak solution of manganese and boric acid (I take it on the tip of a knife), diluted in 10 liters of water. I also observe crop rotation: zucchini can grow after cabbage, potatoes, onions, carrots, tomatoes. If I need zucchini for eating, then I remove them small, and if I plan to put them aside for long-term storage, then I leave them in the garden until the desired ripeness. And they lie at my house calmly until the New Year.
Toddler and Roller on a platter
A lot has been said about the benefits of zucchini. They are not allergenic, they are almost immediately introduced to newborn babies in complementary foods, and they are not prohibited for patients with diabetes mellitus. I often go on a squash diet if the pancreas is capricious or the stomach protests. The edible part in zucchini is 67%, they are low in calories, they have traces of protein and fat, as well as vitamin C
In our area they love very much pancakes with zucchini... The dough for them must be prepared as usual and mixed with zucchini grated on a coarse or medium grater. Fry pancakes on both sides, and eat with sour cream, honey, jam.
Very tasty and stuffed zucchini.
They need to be peeled, cut into slices 3-4 cm thick, and remove the middle with a spoon. Then put the mugs on a baking sheet with butter, fill the grooves with minced meat (as for dumplings or cabbage rolls), put in a hot oven and bake until tender.
Zucchini of the Rolik or Karapuz varieties are best suited for this dish, because they have a spherical shape. If you cut them into 4 slices along the fruit, you get "boats" that are convenient to fill with minced meat.
They can also hold a slice of thinly sliced bread or cheese on a toothpick. And what an aroma, and what a yummy!
My daughter and I make lecho, caviar and even compote from zucchini for the winter. To prepare the latter, I take a three-liter jar and sterilize it in a boiling kettle.
My one or two glasses of black currant, let the water drain, put it in a jar, add a glass of fresh ripe hard raspberries and half a glass of strawberries. Next is the zucchini: peel off and cut into walnut-sized cubes. Meanwhile, syrup is boiling in a saucepan (1.5 cups of sugar per 2 liters of water), boils for 10 minutes.
Without letting it cool down, I pour it into the prepared jar and roll it up. Then I tilt the can upside down, cover it with a blanket and leave it until morning. The next day I put it as it should be. And she has been at home all winter. Zucchini takes on the taste of berries and is eaten with a bang.
Do you want pineapple zucchini? Boil sliced Spaghetti or Pasta zucchini with canned pineapple juice. One can is enough for a whole family. You can also make any jam or jam. In general, fantasize, try.
Planting zucchini on fertile land
Zucchini needs fertile soil. The variety can germinate in any soil, but the quality of the crop directly depends on its composition.
Seeds or seedlings are planted in open ground. These are two different landing schemes: they differ not only in material, but also in terms of planting work.
You can not plant seeds on land after pumpkin crops. Such soil loses its quality characteristics.Even applied fertilizers will not improve the quality of the depleted soil.
Plant well after legumes. The variety is also adapted in joint plantings, when there are zucchini, beans or radishes on the same bed. This system ensures that there are no weeds that pull nutrients out of the soil.
Preparing a culture for planting
An illuminated area without lowlands is selected. A shelter, if located nearby, should not obscure the seedlings.
If the land is covered with clay soil, sand is added before planting.
Seeds are planted in an open area, but only after the soil has completely warmed up.
Stable temperature - from 23 ° С. At night, it should not fall below 19 ° C.
The best disembarkation time is mid to late May. The deadline is June, and only in regions with long summers.
Before planting, the seeds are processed: a mixture of humate or sodium is used for this. Dilute 1 tsp. humate per 1 liter of warm water. The seeds are moistened and dried for 2-3 days.
The previously grown seedlings take root faster. Seeds are planted in April, but not in open ground, but in peat cups. They are left on the window or in the greenhouse. So they germinate within a month. After that, the seedlings are planted in the garden.
Peat cups are filled with cleaned, dried soil. It is pre-fed with organic fertilizer. The seeds are immersed 10 cm into the soil layer, and then watered abundantly.
Before the final planting of squash seedlings, it is treated with "Fitosporin" to improve defense mechanisms.
Black Beauty sprouts for the first 2-3 weeks. After that, the first leaves appear.
Correct planting is a guarantee of rapid growth of the bush.
- The first step is to dig up the soil. They loosen the soil, remove the remnants of crops that previously grew on the land.
- After digging, the upper soil is leveled, holes are dug at a distance of 40 cm, and 70 cm between the beds.
- The wells are enriched with nutrient organics. For this, the topsoil is mixed with humus, compost or peat. Top dressing is carried out with a large amount of organic matter.
- The size of the hole should correspond to the size of the peat cup. Seedlings with a soil clod are placed in the hole. From above it is tamped with fresh soil.
- Seedlings are watered with warm water.
If seeds are planted, and not seedlings, create holes 2-3 cm deep, where 2-3 seeds are planted at once. The weak plant is further pinched.
Zucchini must be watered
The black handsome man loves moisture, warm water is needed to water the zucchini: liquid is poured under the root, but carefully so that the thin stem does not break.
Avoid getting moisture on the leaves, especially in hot weather.
During the flowering period, 5-6 water is used for one culture. Irrigation works are carried out no more than once a week. After that, watering is carried out twice a week.
If during planting a sufficient amount of organic matter was introduced, feeding the zucchini is not needed. Additional strengthening will be given by a homemade nettle decoction, which is watered on the bush. Weeds are removed around the crop.
It is not difficult to take care of the zucchini zucchini: you just need to comply with the planting dates and adhere to the basic rules for caring for growing plants.
It is impossible to loosen the soil around the squash, as it has a superficial location of the root system.
Even a novice gardener can take care of zucchini-zucchini
You need to water zucchini 1-2 times a week, using 5-7 liters of water per 1 m 2 plantings. During flowering, the frequency of watering should be increased up to 3-4 times a week, and the water consumption - up to 8-10 liters per 1 m 2 of plantings.
During the growing season, it is necessary to feed the plants three times:
- Before flowering - 0.5 liters of mullein per 10 liters of water at the rate of 2 liters of infusion per 1 plant.
- During flowering, dissolve 50 g of potassium nitrate and 50 g of superphosphate in 10 liters of water and add 1 liter of solution for each plant.
- During the formation of fruits - chicken dung diluted with water in a ratio of 1:20, or manure - 1:10, 4 liters of infusion for each bush.
Harvesting is necessary when the zucchini reaches a length of 15-18 cm. It is advisable to do this every 3 days, avoiding over-ripening of the fruit.
Video: proper care for zucchini
If the bushes form an insufficient number of ovaries, then this problem can be solved by attracting insects for pollination. You just need to spray the plants with sweet water.
Bow: planting and care
Onions can be treated in different ways, you can love it or not. This plant in our daily life is like a good neighbor: it is always there and always helps. Russian cuisine can no longer be imagined without it. Many folk remedies include onions. And in landscape design, he strengthened his position: the abundance of species and forms allows the use of onions as an ornamental plant in flower beds and borders, even in rockeries there is a place for it.
And the abundance of varieties of onions for food purposes is simply amazing: one and the same onion of one variety is juicy and less pungent, while the other is so hard and sharp that it is used exclusively after heat treatment.
I confess: I am a fan and connoisseur of onions - both in the garden and on my table. Therefore, I think: no matter how much you talk about onions, every time there will be a lot of new things.
Onion in the classical sense is a herb belonging to the Amaryllis family of the Onion subfamily. But regarding the origin of the name of the genus (lat. Allium), 2 versions are considered: one by one, the onion got its name thanks to its fellow garlic, which in ancient Rome was also called Allium; according to another version, the name involved the Celtic word all, which means "burning" ... However, be that as it may, this does not affect the cultivation.
The onion (allium) has more than 400 different species, of which about 130 species are widespread in ornamental gardening. Onion plants are rhizome or bulbous, annual or perennial. The bulbs can be spherical or cylindrical. Greens - basal juicy, aromatic, tubular or flat "feathers" with a burning taste. The flowers are located on the arrows, short or long. They are small, collected in a characteristic spherical inflorescence and covered with a thin film until they bloom.
Onion flowers are located on the arrows
The first thing that comes to mind when the word "onion" is onion. This species is the most common among vegetable growers in our country, its bulb is valuable for us. But he has numerous "brothers": onion, chives and others, which are grown for the sake of greens "for a feather". They do not form an underground onion and are used as fresh herbs to the table. Perennial onions, which can grow in one place for more than one year, are especially popular for collecting fresh greens. The plants that form the bulb are most often dug out for the winter. For those who are interested in the "onion" topic, I recommend interesting materials about different types of this plant - both decorative and used for food:
- Delicate handsome chive bow and its dignity
- Anzur onion is an impressive representative of onions
- Leeks are the most unusual of all onions
- Spicy leeks: planting and growing
- Batun onion for giving
- Fragrant onions that grow indefinitely
- Bear onions for the first spring salads
- A true exotic onion family - multi-tiered onion
- Drooping onion - "meek" slime
- The most unpretentious bow - rock onion
- Shallots with an interesting history and a "bunch" of onions
- Perennial onions in the garden
It is difficult to find a vegetable that can compare with zucchini in terms of the number of types and forms of ripe fruits.
Here are just a few of them:
- "Cavili". The variety belongs to the parthenocarpic variety (capable of self-pollination). A hybrid is bred in Holland. Differs in high productivity and early ripening. The fruiting period reaches two months. The interval from the appearance of the first shoots to the formation of a mature fruit is 41 days with a slight deviation in both directions. The vegetable has an oblong cylindrical shape (length - about 20 cm), light green color and a very delicate pleasant taste. The finished product can be consumed fresh or used for preservation.
- Iskander. Another Dutch variety that belongs to the early maturing species. The time to full maturation is approximately 1.5 months. The hybrid is high-yielding and hardy. Fruits are set even at low temperatures. The plant itself is bushy with mottled foliage ranging in color from light to dark green. The shape of the fruit is cylindrical with a narrowing in the area of the stalk. The edible part has a creamy hue, dense texture and delicate taste. The pulp is used for everyday meals and winter preservation. The plant is resistant to anthracosis and powdery mildew.
- "Aral". Early ripening variety with a ripening period of one month. Cylindrical fruits have barely noticeable ribbing and white spots. Length - up to 15 cm, diameter - about 6 cm. This type of vegetable finds universal application, having excellent taste in stewed, fried and canned form. The variety is also remarkable for its good keeping properties. Its storage period can be up to 4 months.
- "Black handsome". Medium early plant with a ripening period of about 50 days. Differs in compactness and abundance of foliage. You can get up to 5 zucchini from one bush. A vegetable of a dark green shade of cylindrical shape. The fruit is very smooth to the touch. The texture of the pulp is delicate, the taste is unsweetened. This hybrid has a universal application like the previous species.
- "The most of the most". The period of reaching maturity is, on average, 43 days. A shrub plant suitable for greenhouse and outdoor cultivation. The cylindrical fruits are orange in color and up to 8 cm in diameter. The length is up to 30 cm. The edible part is also yellow-orange with a pleasant delicate taste.
- "White-fruited". This result of domestic selection is distinguished by early maturity, resistance to bacteria and good keeping quality. Fruits in the form of white cylinders have a thin skin and medium-density pulp with a delicate taste.
- "Tsukesha". The ripening period is about 45 days. A shrub plant with a characteristic compact arrangement produces fruits weighing up to 900 g with a thin green peel with small specks. The crispy flesh, due to its texture, is ideal for pickling and pickling.
- "Kid". An early ripe type of white-fruited zucchini with delicious tender pulp, recommended for diet menus and baby food. This type of vegetable loves light and warmth, so it dies at the slightest cold snap. The yield reaches up to 1 kg per square meter.
- "Roller". Differs in a short ripening period (on average, up to 37 days) and a bountiful harvest. Oval fruits, which are light green in color, are filled with friable pulp with a pleasant taste. It tolerates long-term storage well.
- "Orange". An extraordinary variety, it is distinguished by an exotic type of fruit. They are bright, round, present in large numbers on one bush. They should be collected in a diameter of up to 15 cm. In this form, the vegetable retains a sweet taste and is suitable for consumption raw.
Having chosen the seeds of a suitable variety, you can plant them and wait for the first shoots to appear.